Total Storage: Complete and Effective Mainframe Data Management
For high availability and traditional solutions
Total Storage is an Intelligent Data Management Suite designed to fuel greater operational efficiencies while driving down expenses. Offering a unique, proactive and cost-saving approach, Total Storage empowers IT departments with a level of intelligence that allows them to take the guesswork out of policy definition and handle allocation more effectively.
A total solution for data management, Total Storage performs behind-the-scenes analysis that provides IT departments with an effective and efficient strategy that aligns with data usage, hardware resources, business needs and financial goals. Implementing policies dynamically and on-the fly, Total Storage enables IT departments to:
Maximize Storage Budgets
Through a fresh approach to optimization of DASD, Tape (including virtual), system overhead and staff time.
By alleviating manual effort and allowing staff to accomplish more in significantly less time.
Improve Policy Automation Processes
Through quickly developing, defining, and automatically implementing effective policies without manual JCL changes. This enables IT departments to meet SLA’s, ensure 24/7 operation and eliminate help desk calls.
Additional Total Storage features include:
Our holistic, integrated approach to IT Resiliency Management helps minimize threats and break down the roadblocks to maintaining high availability. All information about file use and status is stored in our VFI Unified Recovery Architecture database, and is used by our reporting, simulation, restore modules to ensure visibility and integration and allow you to take action with knowledge no matter the event might be.
- Data behavior analysis – Reviews datasets individually and logs attributes over time, identifying patterns in usage over time
- Intelligent integration of data and business requirements to form storage policies
- Creation of data and management classes reflecting policies
- Automation of data policy adjustments based on business drivers and modeling, making them easy to implement and maintain
- A unique modeling capability that allows changes related to different scenarios to be visualized in advance
- Maintenance of a cumulative, dynamic database
- VSAM analysis