Job Title: Technical Writer
|Location:||Boston MA||Position Type:||Full-Time|
|Department/Group:||Job Category:||Location:||Position Type:||Travel Required:|
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will write and review technical documentation to enable users to install and use our software. This content, in the form of PDF guides and HTML knowledgebase content, addresses the needs of multiple audiences. In this position you will work with stakeholders across the organization to plan for, write, and peer review effective content.
- Apply user-oriented writing concepts to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively.
- Apply style and writing guidelines and contribute to their continued improvement.
- Create understandable, accurate, clear, and concise content by using easily understood terminology.
- Determine the best format (user guide, Help, knowledgebase article, etc.) to present information to support customer success.
- Work with product management and the documentation manager to help assess customer needs, project scope, risk, and resources to deliver documentation within the committed time frame.
- Work directly with project stake-holders to achieve agreement that the proposed deliverables satisfy the required business needs.
- Work with contacts at our business partner to meet partner standards and requirements and publish content.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience writing documentation for mainframe products.
- Experience writing documentation for IBM products. Ability to demonstrable technical writing and editing skills including the ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively.
- Ability to organize and present a range of technical material to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt work methods in response to changing priorities.
- Understanding of z/OS systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem determination and resolution skills.
- Experience with DITA source format and concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability build relationships with clients and personnel.
Job Type: Full-time: 8am – 5 pm
Interested candidates please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org